Wednesday 15 April 2015

Oh for the love of crochet!! A new Spring Jumper, a Minty Shawl and the Elise

Welcome back, my lovely blogfriends!

This post is well overdue, I know!! Sorry that you had to wait so long! I'm currently having problems with my laptop (it is getting old), it keeps getting too hot and then switching off after a short time. For this reason I've been hardly online lately.

The upside to this is that I have been very productive and I have a lot of new things to show to you!!!

This is a crochet only post today! I decided to group my projects by craft category. There will be some more posts coming!

A new Spring Jumper

At the very end of March we went to East Germany for an annual music festival. On this long trip I managed to complete my first ever crochet jumper!!!

It was a lovely project, I followed my very own ideas and had no pattern! It is a basic treble shell stitch in three colours. The yarn is Scheepjeswol Stonewashed XL. I had been itching to try out the thicker version of this yarn. And no, it is not itchy, but soft and squashy! (I first wrote about it in my previous post).







A minty Shawl 

I came across this wonderful interesting crochet pattern on this
blog:http://beesandappletrees.blogspot.be/  Martine calls it a crochet wrap. Sadly I don't know the original name for the pattern, but it is pretty and very easy to follow. I loved the rhythm of it.

Minty Shawl pattern here! 

I made mine with Sirdar Americana yarn (60% Cotton, 40% Acrylic). I bought it last summer in England, but sadly this yarn has now been discontinued! I'm hoping to find some more online!

I only had 3 balls in a lovely minty green colour, so I made a smaller shawl that wraps around the neck. For that funkycrochet touch I added some tassels!!!



small beginnings




Creating tassels by winding yarn around a book

adding tassels

Ta-Dah!!!







The Elise Shawl 


This pattern has been on my crochet list for quite some time! I think I saw it first on Meredith's lovely blog, you can read about one of her versions here!

To me it appears that this Elise shawl is indeed related to the wonderful South Bay Shawlette, you can find both (free) patterns on ravelry!

I started this last night and I'm finally getting to grips with it! I am trying out the new Scheepjes Softfun Denim, which was released for this Spring. It is very easy to work with and feels so soft!









I hope you enjoyed reading this post! I'm looking forward to your comments, they really make my day! What are you crocheting at the moment?


20 comments:

  1. Love it, the cute jumper, the shawl is so pretty but that denim yarn in that rosey pink, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing :-)
    ~Crystal
    A Day In My Life, Crochet & Reviews
    http://krystlewv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Crystal,

    Thanks for your lovely comments! I think I also love the new Scheepjes Softfun Denim yarn!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much awesome crochet! All of it looks really great and suits you!

    We will be in Amsterdam next week and I will look out for some Scheepjes yarn. I wish the shops here would stock/sell it!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Anne! ;) Yes, that sounds like an excellent plan, take a big enough suitcase/bag along! Otherwise check out this german online shop: http://www.strickundwolleladen.de/garne/ - they also stock it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic in your new shawl and sweater. Love them and now you have started and Elise shawl in that gorgeous shade, I love that one too. Well you already know I am in love with that pattern having made five of them.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mere! Really I got to thank YOU for the inspiration with the Elise shawl! Yours look so lovely!! :) xx

      Delete
  6. Ohh, i am in love with the minty shawl! Dat is een leuke zeg, al zal ik zelf die kleur niet snel dragen. Je jumper is ook erg leuk geworden! En southbay (of Elise) is altijd goed, vooral in zo'n lekker fel kleurtje, hihi. Goed om weer van je te horen en te zien. Wel vervelend dat je computer niet meewerkt... Heb je trouwens mijn zomerse vest al gezien? ;)
    Groetjes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Lizette! Dankje voor jouw mooie worden!!! :)) Jouw zomerse vest is erg, erg mooi - kun jij me een link voor het patroon sturen a u b???? xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks Ingrid for sharing the minty shawl pattern, it looks so nice! Perfect for the spring and I will make it for sure in a nice nubbly cotton yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hetty! Glad you like the pattern! Looking forward to seeing your version of it!! :) xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing at my link up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo Ingrid,
    deine Schals sind einfach toll! Zur Zeit sammele ich wie wild Muster für Dreieckstücher, etc., komme aber nicht dazu auch nur eines anzufangen... Einfach zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit (und Geduld).
    Schönes Wochenende,
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, liebe Marjan! Ich rate dir zum South Bay Shawlette, es ist ein super Muster, ich habe etliche davon gemacht. Findest Du auch via Ravelry! Geniess vom guten Wetter!! xx

      Delete
  10. Glad that you are back with more blog posts again. I hope your laptop survives long enough for you to get it fixed or replaced.
    Scary how much crochet can be done when one isn't online! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jodie! Well, I just have to manage somehow... but I agree, the internet eats up your time without you realizing! Better use it for crochet instead... hehehe!!! Have a nice sunday! :) xx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful vest, so pretty minty shawl!!
    Greetings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ljubinka! Enjoy your weekend! :) xx

      Delete
  12. Love the mint shawl, beautiful design and colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine for your lovely comment! :) xx

      Delete