Friday 14 November 2014

Happy Crafts Day! (A new Family, Woolly Hats, Flower Brooches and more!)

Hello my friends,

Hope you had a nice week? Thanks for your kind and lovely comments on my recent makes, glad you enjoyed them! Welcome to my latest followers, it's a pleasure to have you!

Yesterday I had an incredible creative and productive day! I will show you what I managed to make!

But first this: On Sunday afternoon I cast on stitches for knitting a woollen hat in the round. It was finished on Monday, here it is!

12.11.14 Finished Knitted Hat
From above the crown
I had already cast on stitches to make a second hat meanwhile...

The second knitted Hat
Yesterday morning I made the following 7 Flower Brooches. First I made a knitted cord (Knitting Nancy), which I then sewed and shaped into little flowers. A matching button is sewn to the front and then for the back I cut out a grey pure Wool Felt circle to which I sewed a Brooch pin and attached this to the flower.
Here are the finished Brooches!


13.11.14 Finished Flower Brooches

Then I knitted a rectangle shape which I then hand felted. This was a lot of fun!

Knitting a rectangle with Filz It wool, to be felted

This is my first Owl family I made maybe 4 years ago!
Making the new Owl
After attaching the eyes and feet, I sewed the owl together and added stuffing
The new Owls!
All together now!!!
13.11.14 Finished Owl Family (Bottom row) together with the one I made before
 I also crocheted a small piece of Lace according to the South Bay Shawlette pattern.

Crocheting Fine Cotton into a SBS lace!
13.11.14 Finished SBS Crochet Lace Brooch
 This easy Crochet necklace I made on the bus!

13.11.14 Finished Cotton Reel Crochet Necklace
I also did quite a bit of knitting on my second woolly hat!

13.11.14 Progress on the 2nd Woolly Hat
14.11.14 First and second Woolly Hats

Hope you enjoyed this glimpse in my little creative place - I really enjoyed myself a lot, using all sorts of different skills!

Feel free to leave a comment below, I'm looking forward to reading them!



38 comments:

  1. Wow, you really have been busy creating such a lot of different beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine! Yes, it was a great day for making! :)

      Delete
  2. I love that wool.. and pink is my colour for the moment.
    A real creative post.
    Miss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes, I also love the variation in shades. I never know how it will turn out which is part of the fun! xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Ingrid, so many makes, you must have steam coming from those needles and hooks. Gorgeous little owls, love the eyes that add character to each.
    Wonderful flower creations.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Ingrid! Hoeveel uren tellen je dagen? Dat geheim mag je me ook eens vertellen!!! Toevallig ben ik net ook aan het vilten! Maar in mijn wasmachine! Een handtas die ik 2 jaar geleden was begonnen! Ik laat je het resultaat zien op mijn blog! ;-))) Je uiltjes zijn superschattig! Veel liefs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Christine! Jaa, het was een lange dag! Vilten is heel leuk!!! Ik ben er benieuwd op jouw tas! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Fantastic,lovely creations!!!
    Happy weekend.:*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ljubinka! Enjoy your weekend, too! :) xx

      Delete
  6. oh oh oh NOW i know what to make my friend Karen...we go out and look for and listen to great horned owls in winter THANK YOU
    Ingrid will you email me please? harpnut@gmail.com I have a question

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! Glad I could inspire! I also love owls! Have you ever heard of this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wesley-Stacey-OBrien-ebook/dp/B002S0KBOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416043340&sr=8-1&keywords=wesley+owl I read it and it was so moving, I can recommend it to anyone who is interested to learn more about owls... Have a nice weekend! xx

      Delete
  7. Wat gaaf allemaal! Die uiltjes zijn zooooo lief....
    Fijn weekend, groetjes van Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously you are making things so fast my head is spinning. I love everything , your owl family is adorable.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith!!! You've been very busy yourself!!! ;) xx

      Delete
  9. You've been very busy!! Those owls are gorgeous. Love them to bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, what a busy lady you have been!!! I hope that you enjoy wearing and using everything. The owls are very cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty creations. Those hats are so nice, I really like the way the colors blend softly. I had a hat like that when I was little, and I remember the colors really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thanks. I also like this yarn a lot, some of the effect is almost tweedy, very subtle. xx

      Delete
  12. How many hands do you have ??!!! Tell me !! your creations are as always beautiful !! Have a creative week end !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Geraldine! Thanks for your kind comments! :) Enjoy yours, too!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely little owls, they do look cute gathered together! And the hats are so pretty in that lovely yarn. Happy week ahead!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Ingrid you get so many lovely projects done every week. I just adore the owls, especially their cute button eyes. Your brooches are lovely.I have been making brooches too but am not quite finished yet! Have a lovely week
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison!!! Well, I had a very busy time with making, and no distractions luckily!! Good luck with your brooch making! xx

      Delete
  16. Again I am impressed with your pace! So many wonderful works in such short time! Love reading about them :-)

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne! Good to hear from you, I was wondering if you are ok? Thanks for the kind comments and good luck with your projects!!! xx

      Delete
    2. I am well. Life is really, really busy at the moment though. I started a uni certificate next to my two jobs. I could use more hours in my day!! :P

      P.S. Have a look on our blog. There is a small nomination for you!

      Delete
    3. Hi again! I can only imagine! But make sure you don't push yourself too hard and have a bit of time to relax!!!
      Cheers! xx

      Delete
  17. Hi there.
    The orange yarn I am using, and loving, is Drops <3 you 4 Orange.
    Not my birthday, but our youngsts.
    Have a nice evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica! Thanks for letting me know! Hope the little one had a nice birthday!!! :) xx

      Delete
  18. A creative day indeed! And everything looks so colorful and warm :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Amalia! Thanks for your kind comments! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. My Gosh! Ingrid - do you ever sleep ? :)
    So many lovely things you've made !!!
    First thing first - I am in love with your hat - simply swooning. The pattern, the colors, the feel - everything is gorgeous! I am sure it is going to be a pleasure wearing it in winter. Then the owl family - how cute!! I adore owls and can have them in all shapes and materials :)
    And last but not least, the brooch is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, dear Maya for your lovely comments!!!
    It means a lot to me! :) xx

    ReplyDelete